Who's writing...

My photo
North Salt Lake, Utah, United States
I'm a woman with degrees in creative writing and cultural anthropology, experience in retail sales, merchant processing, teaching English as a foreign language, and archaeology, who teaches writing and computer classes at a local college, and works for a herpetology society. I also like to read, cook, knit, watch movies, make baskets, take photographs, craft, travel, and blog. I currently live in Utah with my husband, T, and our two dogs. Oh, and I'm a Cancer, which explains the crab thing.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

We had a party!

This weekend, to celebrate Memorial Day, we had a barbecue at our house.  We invited four couples and their kids -- a first grader, three toddlers, a one year old, and two infants.  We managed to score a patio set on clearance, and stocked up on food and drinks.  Unfortunately, we still didn't have any toys for the kids to play with, but we did have two very cute dogs, and they would have to do.

Cara was fascinated by the babies -- she sniffed them when they arrived, followed them around as they scooted along the patio, and ran over to give them kisses when they fell down and cried.  Diezel was generally happy to be petted and hugged, and he spent a lot of time chasing shadows and flashies.

For the spread, we had chips and salsa, and a warm artichoke spinach dip in a bread bowl to start.  Then I grilled chicken marinated in Italian dressing, and marinated steak.  I also grilled asparagus and corn on the cob, and made macaroni salad.  Our guests brought roasted potatoes, a great Greek salad, and three different, delicious pies.  It was really delicious!
I forgot to take pictures,
so here are some strangers playing cornhole
It was our first time having people over to the house since we moved in, and we had a really good time.  It was nice getting to know some of the people T works with now a little more, and it was also great getting to catch up with old friends that he used to work with.  The kids managed to stay entertained by running races, coloring, and playing games that were brought from home.  One of the guests brought a beanbag toss game called cornhole -- no, I'm not kidding -- to keep the guys amused too.

Now we have a lot of leftover food, and even more leftover beer.  We also have a box of Capri Sun juice boxes and some fruit rollups.  I remember them being better when I was a kid, but oh well.  It was so much fun, I think we're going to need to have another barbecue sometime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment