Who's writing...

My photo
North Salt Lake, Utah, United States
I'm a woman with degrees in creative writing and cultural anthropology, experience in retail sales, merchant processing, teaching English as a foreign language, and archaeology, who teaches writing and computer classes at a local college, and works for a herpetology society. I also like to read, cook, knit, watch movies, make baskets, take photographs, craft, travel, and blog. I currently live in Utah with my husband, T, and our two dogs. Oh, and I'm a Cancer, which explains the crab thing.

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Zucchini Flowers

School is depressing right now -- too many students missing too many classes, not doing their assignments if they do come, not paying attention to the directions, and in a few cases, cheating, has me depressed.  I'm starting to wonder if assigning less homework would mean I would get more turned in.

But the garden is doing pretty well.  The zucchini blossoms are beautiful, and we have honeydew melons and hubbard squash that are getting close to harvest time.  Our cucumbers are really bitter, though -- I have to read up on what might be causing that.  Too little water?

Anyway, for now, here are some pictures for you to enjoy.


Zucchini blossoms
I wish I had the guts to try frying these -- I hear they are an Italian delicacy!
A bee doing her job
Honeydew hiding
Hubbard with squash blossoms

No comments:

Post a Comment